Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've had this phone for a week. I'm using it with T-Mobile, so your mileage may vary. In my opinion, it's a feature-packed phone at a reasonable price (for an unlocked smart phone, at least).
The Symbian 9 OS runs pretty well, although I did experience some lags and software freezes (with third-party apps). Fixing it was a matter of rebooting. I think the menu organization could be smarter, but you can customize much of it.
I do love that the default screen displays your day's calendar agenda. But that screen hides the main menu. Not a huge drawback, but it confused me at first.
Photos with the 3-megapixel camera are grainy (it also has a VGA camera). Since this is a phone first, and not a camera, there is also no stabilization control. It does, however, come with a flash.
Sound quality of phone calls is okay. Your friends, family and colleagues will hear you clearly. On your end, however, it will sound like you're talking on a cell phone. It's not bad, but I've had conversations on better sounding phones.
I disagree slightly with another commenter about wireless internet (WLAN) access. It's possible to set a default access point. The problem is that if you aren't at that location regularly, you will have to search for a new network. One way around it is to pony up the cash for a data plan through your wireless provider. I agree, however that some kind of one-button auto-detect would be ideal.
I don't like the SIM card slot. The metal cover pops off fairly easily -- as I found out while trying to insert my SIM card without reading the manual first.
The phone's slider form factor moves smoothly, perhaps too much so. By default, sliding the phone completely open -- something that's hard, but not impossible to do accidentally -- unlocks the keypad.
The N-80 is also bit awkward. It feels thick for lack of a better word. Its 5-way controller button also looks and feels a bit cheaper than you'd probably expect.
Another drawback: no QWERTY keyboard. You can connect to a wireless one via Bluetooth. But that assumes you want to carry a keyboard. The upshot is that the predictive text feature is solid and sensible. When enabled, it works contextually: on automatically for SMS and email messages and off when typing URLs.
Overall, I give this phone high marks for features, but a few annoyances mean it's far from The Perfect Phone.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Nokia N80 Internet Edition Unlocked Cell Phone with 3.2 MP Camera, 3G, Wi-Fi, MP3/Video Player, MiniSD Slot--U.S. Version with Warranty (Black)
This high-end slide-style smartphone in Black, sports an ultra-high-resolution display, 3 megapixel camera, and Wi-Fi with UPnP for media streaming and sharing. Other features include Bluetooth, a miniSD card slot, speaker-independent voice control, EDGE data, FM radio, and speakerphone.
0 comments:
Post a Comment