Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Overall I gave it 3.5 stars. The phone itself is quite good and rates 4 stars for what it is and it's price. It loses half a star for the stinginess of included equipment.
Why I chose the Zylo:
I've used touchscreen phones before (see my reviews on Sony Ericsson Satio and Vivaz) but I've always preferred buttons on a keypad. It seems faster and I don't use many apps. I loved the large screen of the touchscreen phones though, so the challenge was to find a mobile phone with a large screen and keypad.
I tried the SE Aino, but didn't like the way it worked, though the 3 inch screen was great! Sadly, the only other phones around with 2.8-3 inch screen and keypads are all no longer in production outside Japan (in Japan, they don't muck around with touchscreens. They've had 3 to 4 inch clamshell and slider phones for the last 5 years. Japan's gain is the World's loss)
That left me with the choice of 2.6 inch Nokia n86, and Sony Ericsson Hazel, and Sony Ericsson Zylo. The Hazel appealed to me because of it's new conversation system for joining all sms's together, the lightness, large keypad and the price. It was at least 50% cheaper than the Nokia n86 new.
I used the Hazel and was reasonably happy despite the somewhat funny appearance, but became a bit disappointed with the keypad as it was too flat and was not easy to see in dim light, as the white backing light had no contrast with the silver paint of the keypad.
Soon after this, I saw the Zylo at a shop, and it's looks and better keypad won me over. The Zylo is not perfect, but it's good enough for me :)
The Good:
1. 2.6 inch screen with excellent colour. Much better than the dinky 2 inch screens.
2. Phone reception, phone call quality.
3. Speaker seems loud enough.
4. Good music player.
5. Looks! Note- I have the BLACK zylo, but there's only the pink one listed in Amazon, so I'm reviewing it here. The BLACK one is different fromt eh pink and silver one in that the back of the phone isn't the usual smooth paint over plastic, but is a thin rubber. You get a tactile feel I think departs something different and gives a quality feel.
6. Keypad. Good size. Good contrast when backing lights are on.
7. Overall build quality.
8. Walkman insignia.
9. The price! Cheap as chips..almost!
10. 2GB Micro SD card included.
11. Usual Sony Ericsson UI.
The Not So Good:
1. Camera. No auto focus means you can't take close up photos clearly of smaller objects. The lower res of 3 mp is not a problem in itself. Photos which ARE in focus are quite sharp and have good colour.
2. Proprietary earphone connection. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but read on below.......
The BAD:
1. NO USB CABLE INCLUDED!!!!!!!!!
2. Included earphones are CRAPPY!!!!!!!! A "Walkman" phone with crappy earphones with proprietary connector is like putting bicycle wheels on a Porsche.If you want a phone which can handle all the normal things a mobile phone should do, and a few extra things as well, with a real keypad and reasonable sized screen, the SE Zylo is worth a look, especially at this price.
Click Here to see more reviews about: SONY Ericsson W20 ZYLO PINK (UNLOCKED QUAD-BAND)3MP VIDEO CAMERA, BLUETOOTH,MP3,MP4,MICROSD SLOT,FM RADIO GSM SLIDER CELL PHONE
0 comments:
Post a Comment