Sunday, January 20, 2013

Samsung a707 SYNC Phone (AT&T) Review

Samsung a707 SYNC Phone (ATandT)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I am not the most tech savvy person, but I do enjoy gadgets. So, when I finally decided to get a phone, I wanted it to be the nicest one that would suit my needs and still have a nice small/slim form factor. I looked initially at the new RAZR that supports mp3s. However, I took a chance and chose the Samsung over the RAZR because of the amount of negative reviews the RAZR has. I was pointed toward this model, and so far I am really glad I gave it a chance, not having seen ANY reviews on it before purchasing it. I've had this phone for almost two weeks as of today.
PROS:
-Huge, BEAUTIFUL display!
-Great size and style
-Good camera (2 megapixel), although I don't really plan to use it a ton
-Easy, intuitive menus with lots of options
-Very clear with no dropped calls so far
-Phone supports 3G technology, great for music content
-Media player works nicely, and when you plug the USB cable into your computer, it's easy to drop songs onto the phone from just about any media program.
-No quirks or glitches to be found so far!
NEUTRAL:
-Ringer could stand to be a little louder
-Headphone jack is proprietary, so you have to buy their headphones unless you want to use bluetooth
-Gets smudgy/greasy looking very easily
-Outside display isn't very high resolution, but what do you expect?
-No flash for camera
CONS:
-No LCD clock on the outside. I did figure out though, that if you hold the right-side button for a few moments it pops back up, but I would like a clock like the RAZR has.
Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. I'm glad I took a chance.
***UPDATE 12/3/2006*****
I still hold my 5 star rating to be true for this phone. It still great!(I've had it for about a month now.) Also, the picture really don't do the phone justice. It is a really sleek and beatiful little gadget.
I did have one strange anomaly with it. The last time I received an E-Mail alert while I was on a call, it closed the call when the alert popped up. I tried to reconstruct the incident, but it wouldn't do it again. I've had a couple dropped calls too, but it was in a brick building, so I can understand.
I still think the ringer isn't loud enough...but I have been setting it to "outdoor" which seems louder and vibrates as well. I love the ringer profiles and change them quite a bit. It comes in very handy
I have also purchased the media kit for this phone which comes with a USB cable, software, and stereo earbuds. I am loving the media player function. I can drag and drop songs (or other files) easily onto the phone with the USB. The only thing I don't like is that the earphone jack is the same as the charger jack. No charging while listening, and no buying whichever headphones you want. You have to get them in their kit, unless you want to use Bluetooth headphones. I ride a motorcycle and want to use the media player on trips, but I'm not sure yet how I will be able to rig earphones that will fit in my helmet (the Cingular earbuds will not fit due to their design). I am used to this dilemma (trying to find headphones for my helmet)even without the proprietary headphone jack isue. So, I am not counting it as a negative against the phone.
I am very, very pleased still. I will update again after a few more months!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Samsung a707 SYNC Phone (AT&T)



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Samsung a707 SYNC Phone (AT&T)

0 comments:

Post a Comment