Thursday, January 17, 2013

Motorola MPx200 Unlocked Smartphone with MP3/Video Player, SD/MMC--U.S. Version with Warranty (Black) Review

Motorola MPx200 Unlocked Smartphone with MP3/Video Player, SD/MMC--U.S. Version with Warranty (Black)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I have really tried with this phone, I honestly have, but it's become a lost cause with time. Sure Windows Mobile is uber cool and tons of fun to use, let alone the ease, but the MPx200 fails at the one thing that is supposed to do best, being a phone. I purchased this phone unlocked on eBay in June '05 for about $117 with shipping. I also bought a 1.0 GB SD card for $60 around the same time ready to load it up and enjoy my new Windows Mobile phone. I was shocked at how much better the phone looked in person. It's seriously the most beautiful layout I've ever seen. The black and blue layout are simply beautiful. Many of my friends and coworkers thought it was a Nextel. It sure is as durable as a Nextel. There is no way in hell this phone could break. You can drop it from a 50 story building and it would probably just have a scratch. It's amazing the build quality that Motorola put into this phone, but it goes downhill when discussing the phone as a functional device. As a phone, it falls very short, especially in the area of battery life. When I initially received the phone, I only charged it for 12 hours due to overexcitment, so I blame myself for not getting through the day without having to charge the phone, but after I bought my second battery and charged it the full term, I was surprised when the battery life didn't improve much. Granted this is just using the phone as a phone, with the Infrared "Beam" feature turned off and all the other features either off or at the bare minimum, such as the backlight. I honestly believe that I got much better battery life using the phone as a Video iPod than as a phone. The battery sipped away during use of Windows Media Player, with excellent sound quality I might add. On a normal phone call, I got an hour tops, before the battery was on its last bar, far short of the rated 4.25 hours. Standby time is barely 24 hours. Good luck trying to use call waiting, sometimes the phone just freezes up. This is where the 200 MHz processor is shows its colors. Sometimes when the phone rings, you can hear the delay and the processor loading the rest of the ringtone. Call quality was flawless, has always been, seeing that I'm with T-Mobile. No complaints there. I even got the T-Zones to work on my phone, after doing some research online and locating the settings. This isn't for the tech juvenile. It can be tedious if you're not patient. I really love my phone, but it is just not practical. The other day I left my phone to charge seeing that the battery was on the last bar. When I woke up the phone was dead on the charger. This has happened to me a lot in the past few weeks, and I only charge my phone when the battery is completely dead so I don't know what's going on. I got so fed up with it that I took out the SIM card and put it back in my Motorola V60, which is in my opinion one of the best phones made, period. I just ordered another V60 seeing that I broke the antenna off the other one. It's so sad that all these new phones have all the bells and whistles you could ever want but don't carry out their primary function. I feel bad for the people who bought this phone through AT&T/Cingular because the phone was dual band for them and Cingular runs on the 850/1900 frequency. My version was the triband 900/1800/1900, and worked fine with T-Mobile. I will still use it as my entertainment seeing that it synced with Windows Media Player on the PC flawlessly and the quality is great. I have compressed loads of videos to WMV format and enjoy them on a regular basis on my phone, but I will keep my V60 in my other pocket when the battery on my MPx200 dies.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Motorola MPx200 Unlocked Smartphone with MP3/Video Player, SD/MMC--U.S. Version with Warranty (Black)

This small wonder packs lots of GSM Smartphone power into a small package that can provide all your mobile office needs. Loaded with Microsoft Smartphone software, the handset features mobile versions of all the essential Microsoft applications you depend on, including Pocket Outlook, Pocket Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, and MSN messenger. What's more, the unit's software is designed to sync seamlessly with email, contacts and calendar information on your PC.
Design The MPx200 follows the traditional clamshell form factor, although unlike many clamshell designs, it has an internal antenna. The large, 176 x 220 screen with 65,000 colors dominates inside of the cover. A smaller black and white LCD screen, which displays incoming calls, current time, battery life, signal strength and other information is located on the outside of the cover. A five-way selection button allows you to navigate and control the Windows Mobile interface and there is also a jog dial on the left side of the device for easy access to basic controls. In addition to a headset jack, an SD/MMC memory expansion card slot is housed on the right side of the unit. It allows for up to a gigabyte of additional memory capacity. The power key and infrared port are housed on the left side of the unit, while a universal charger/USB data port is present on the bottom.
Calling Features The MPx200 has all the latest calling features folks have come to expect. The built-in speakerphone makes it easy to talk without having the phone to your ear. Vibrate modes and custom polyphonic ringtones can also be set to your preferences so you know who is calling without having to look at the LCD. The included Pocket Outlook software features a contacts list that is cleverly integrated with the phone's dialing functions.
Messaging, Internet and Tools The MPx200 is designed as a complete solution for people who want to bring their office with them. The unit comes packed with pocket versions of Outlook, Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger. In addition to keeping track of contacts, Pocket Outlook features integrated calendar and email functions. Microsoft's ActiveSync software keeps the device synced with all of your PC's Outlook information (via USB or IR connection). Users who want Internet connectivity on the road with their laptop or PDA can tap the MPx200's wireless modem capabilities.
You can use the MPx200's built in Internet Explorer browser for mobile web browsing. Traditional text messaging, as well as picture and sound messaging are also supported by the phone. T9 text entry, which is a technology that makes it easier for people to enter words and text on handsets, is built into the unit-- a plus for mobile email and text messaging users.
A number of handy software tools are bundled with the MPx200 including a voice memo recorder, a calculator, a to-do list, and an alarm clock.
Imaging and Entertainment The inclusion of Windows Media on the MPx200 means that you can use the handset as an MP3 player. The amount of music you can store is only limited by the unit's memory (up to 1 GB using the expansion card slot), and the included stereo headset is designed for music listening. For gamers, the phone supports Java-based and Windows Mobile game downloads.
Vital Statistics The Motorola MPx200 weighs 4.16 ounces and measures 3.50 x 1.88 x 1.06 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.25 hours of digital talk time, and up to 104 hours of digital standby time. It runs on the 1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS frequencies. The phone comes with a one year limited warranty.
What's in the Box Motorola MPx200 handset, lithium-ion battery, desktop charger, mini-USB data cable, stereo headset, user's manual.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Motorola MPx200 Unlocked Smartphone with MP3/Video Player, SD/MMC--U.S. Version with Warranty (Black)

0 comments:

Post a Comment