Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Nokia definitely has brought in a lot of useful features in this model, and obviously most of us who go for an unlocked model do so because we are aware of the unmatched capabilities of this handset. In that context, I believe it is my duty to caution you on a few notes about purchasing this from Integron Technologies (unfortunately, I don't know how the other merchant featured in this link fares; so most of this feedback might not apply to it). I would have given 5 stars for just the product, but for my experience with this purchase.
First off, there is something hidden between the words "BRAND NEW! UNLOCKED! "3" BRANDED PHONE" as it appears in Integron's product listing: The phone arrives "opened" with the factory seal on the packaging broken - the merchant's version (before I returned the item) was that they 'normally' open the box from Nokia's original packaging to make it '3 Branded'. May be it's me, but I have to admit I don't understand the intent of branding a new unlocked phone. While the handset could possibly be 'unused', the repackaging of the content, a lot of dust on the accessories, some of them running loose in the box and the 'open box look' does create some apprehension in your mind about the product's condition.
Having seen the 'Open' packaging, I searched the UPS box to see if Integron has enclosed an explanation, and I realize that there is no packing slip at all. At this, I started suspecting if the UPS box was tampered with, so I went for the product manual to check the standard accessories; and there it is - in "Finnish" language. Without a packing slip and an 'unreadable' manual, you have no way of knowing if you received everything that was in the original Nokia box and also if all contents in the box are genuine Nokia products (unless you have already bought the same handset from another vendor or opened a box at a Nokia store - not sure how many of you would have had a chance at that)
Within minutes, I raised a service call with Integron to find out what is happening.. no response for about a week (their website displayed 'temporarily unavailable' for all these days - might be a coincidence - but I almost believed I was taken for a ride by a malicious site). About 10 days after the purchase, I received an e-mail stating that the product is new, they opened it to make it branded and that they don't 'normally' send packing slips. There is no contact name or number mentioned anywhere (come on, we are not dealing with call girls, a two-way communication channel is essential to ensure business transparency). Anyway, I sent them another e-mail, and yet another after a couple of days.. no word from the merchant.
At this, I logged a claim with Amazon's A-to-Z guarantee. Hats off to Amazon's customer service, I started getting calls from Integron 'enquiring' about the issue. However, they kept justifying their position and I had already lost trust on this merchant (Lack of timely responses & contact details and irresponsible replies like "we cannot wrap the cables exactly like how Nokia does" were too much to take for me; it seemed they didn't understand the true meaning of 'customer service'). I ended up returning the item and getting a complete refund.
I would definitely suggest you buy this great product from another merchant or even better, directly from Amazon. Believe me, the extra money you might shell out, buys you a lot of confidence on your purchase.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Nokia E61 - Smartphone - 3G - WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM - bar - Symbian OS - silver
0 comments:
Post a Comment